Tuesday, August 11, 2009

If It's in the HOuse... I'll Eat It!

Not a good week. On my quest to lose at least one pound a week even the best of us have some set backs. A hectic schedule, lots of activities where "bad for you" food is prevalent and a good deal of stress has caused me to GAIN 2 pounds this week. Yecht!


So I tried to do an analysis of where I went wrong and here is what I’ve come up with:

If given the opportunity, I’ll eat whatever is easy to get. For instance, we went to a baseball game on Saturday where they had hotdogs for a dollar each (which is a great deal at a ball game). So, even though I knew they were full of fat and salt, and that I would probably “pay for it” the next day, I had two of them plus some of Jocalyn’s cotton candy and a lemonade. Oh, I forgot to tell you, this was after attending the Knight’s dinner right before the game where I had two pulled pork sandwiches, chips, a diet Pepsi, and a cookie.

Then came Sunday. I hadn’t gone to the store for a few days so I had to see what was available in the kitchen until we could go later in the day. Back to my old habits, I found some Honey-Nut Cheerios (large bowl) and some toast. I told myself I would just “work it off” in the backyard later. HA!

Later in the day I found myself scrounging in the cupboards for a snack and found some fat-free chocolate pudding. Good thing because the only other thing I saw was a jar of peanut butter and I probably would have made a big ol’ PB&J sandwich.

To my credit, I did work like a mad man in the back yard and I’m sure that saved me a bit from logging even a bigger weight gain. And I have (to a great extent) removed most of the usual temptations in the kitchen. If there were any Oreos, donuts, or Chocolate Chip cookies, I would have eaten them. Same thing with any sort of cake or ice cream. If they are NOT in the house, you can’t eat them.

So I’m (hopefully) back on track this week. The lesson to learn from this weeks blog is to remove any temptations in the house. Know that a busy or hectic personal life causes greater challenges to make healthy food choices, and know that you will “slip” in your weight loss quest from time to time. Just promise yourself NOT to give up and to get back on track when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment